Elizabeth Laser Dentistry
Benefit From Our General Dental Services
We will see you as soon as possible!
Oral hygiene is vital to everyone’s overall wellbeing. Along with acceptable oral hygiene practices like brushing and flossing twice daily, the American Dental Association (ADA) suggests that you see your dentist at least twice annually. As most people dread visiting the dentist, dentists worldwide try to make these visits more pleasant and comfortable for patients through modern technology like lasers in treating various dental issues while putting patients at ease.
What Is Laser Dentistry?
Laser dentistry is an effective way of treating various oral issues that involve using highly focused laser beams. Many dental experts describe the procedure as minimally invasive because it eliminates the need for tools like dental drills and probes. Therefore, laser dentistry is a popular choice among those with anxiety or fear regarding dentist visits.
What Procedures Are There in Laser Dentistry?
The general use of laser dentistry is undertaken using two main procedures. These are the hard tissue and soft tissue procedures. The method used would usually be determined by the dentist’s choice of a laser beam and the unique nature of your dental issue. Dentists employ hard tissue laser beams for your teeth while reserving soft tissue laser beams for more sensitive areas of the mouth like your gums and frenulum.
The Hard Tissue Procedure
- As mentioned earlier, dentists use hard tissue laser beams for all tooth-related dental issues. Hard tissue beams allow your dentist to eliminate parts of decaying teeth without damaging your enamel.
- Hard tissue laser beams have wavelengths that cut through both water and bone with extreme precision, making them ideal for treating bone and teeth related problems.
- Consequently, common problems that this procedure identifies and addresses include detecting and killing bacteria in cavities, treating tooth sensitivity, teeth whitening, and preparing your teeth for dental fillings.
The Soft Tissue Procedure
- Dentists use this procedure strictly for gum related issues and other sensitive areas of your mouth.
- Soft tissue laser beams have light wavelengths that water and haemoglobin readily absorb, making it ideal for cutting through soft tissue while sealing blood vessels and nerve endings.
- Common problems that the soft tissue procedure identifies and treats include painlessly removing soft tissue folds from dentures, gum reshaping, crown lengthening, and restricted tongue movement.
What Are the Benefits of Laser Dentistry?
Regardless of the procedure your dentist uses, laser dentistry comes with great benefits which include:
- Minimal bleeding due to the laser’s precision and blood vessel sealing ability
- No need for local anaesthesia
- Minimal damage to tissues
- Reduced need for sutures
- A decreased risk of developing bacterial infections because the laser sterilizes the gums.
- Speedy recover because your wounds heal quicker
Why Should You Choose Us?
Here at Timberline Family Dentistry, our team of highly capable, experienced, and friendly dentists is committed to providing you with adequate dental care with our state-of-the-art equipment at the best bargain and comfort imaginable.
Give us a call today 303-646-3940 to find out more about how you can get started.